Translate

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Recommended Read: Edward Burns' INDEPENDENT ED


Independent filmmaker Edward Burns writes about his life and his art in this fascinating and inspiring autobiography; aspiring and established artists from all genres and mediums will find nuggets of gold in this  thoroughly enjoyable book.

"But here's the thing that I learned about myself. When I make a film, no matter how it eventually turns out, during the process, I love the film. You have to. I think that's true for nearly all filmmakers. You pour yourself into every scene, push yourself to solve countless problems, and as the film comes together in the editing room, with a definite beginning, middle, and end, you say, 'Huh,' with a note of surprise. 'This works. I love it.' Love is blind."
Edward Burns
- Independent Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment